Join in the Fun

Grab My Button

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me tremendously with an amazing husband, Doug, and two gorgeous little boys, Gavin and Joey. It has always been a dream of mine to have a large family but God may have other plans. I had a series of 6 consecutive early miscarriages when trying for baby #2. We are currently trying for baby #3 after our 7th miscarriage. I am faithful that God's plan is perfect, even when I am not happy about it. I love comments and meeting new followers so please don't be shy!

Like This Blog?

We Salute You!

Photobucket

Stirrup Queen's List of Blogs .

Powered by Blogger.
Sunday, May 13, 2012

I was Gilly-ed!!

Have you ever seen the Saturday Night Live skit with Gilly?  If not, there is one below.  When Joey was about a year old, we learned that when we said "Joey" with a bit of a tone of warning, it sounded just like the skit when the teacher would say "Gilly?"

The other night Joey was having a really hard time falling asleep.  Doug went into the room about 3 times to settle him.  Then at about 10:30pm I decided that I was going to play super sleuth and figure out what his story was.  So I go to the crib and put on my super sniffer.  I sniff the air and can't determine if what I am smelling is perhaps a poopy butt or just a faint odor coming from the diaper pail.  So I ask him, "Joey (sounding a little like "Gilly?"), did you poop?"

He looked up at me and nodded his head and said, "Uh-huh."

So I lift him out of the crib and smell his bottom like any tired mom  trying to avoid an unnecessary diaper change would do.  I don't detect any foul smell so I ask him again, "Joey, did you poop?"

"Uh-huh," he said with another nod of his head.

Figuring that he must have had a ghost poopie in there I lay him on the changing table.  Joey is looking at me with a big smile.  I undress him and open up his diaper to reveal a completely clean butt!  So I look at Joey again and ask, "Joey, did you poop?"

He looks at me, smiling the whole time, and says, "Nuh-uh" while shaking his head.

Gilly!!!  He Gilly-ed me! 





I also was Gilly-ed with this cycle. Such a weird and wacky cycle for me but at some point today I will find myself on cycle day one. Again. But I am looking forward to this cycle. I have a good feeling, but more on that another time.

0 comments:

Are You Following Yet?

IDSC for Life
Follow Me on Pinterest