Join in the Fun

Grab My Button

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me tremendously with an amazing husband, Doug, and two gorgeous little boys, Gavin and Joey. It has always been a dream of mine to have a large family but God may have other plans. I had a series of 6 consecutive early miscarriages when trying for baby #2. We are currently trying for baby #3 after our 7th miscarriage. I am faithful that God's plan is perfect, even when I am not happy about it. I love comments and meeting new followers so please don't be shy!

Like This Blog?

We Salute You!

Photobucket

Stirrup Queen's List of Blogs .

Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Gone Fishing

I have very fond memories of going fishing when I was a kid.  Weeeellll... I didn't like touching worms or anything slimy so that part wasn't cool.  I also never liked touching the fish to get them off the line.  So after I would bait my hook with bread and catch something I would panic as I tried to figure out what to do with the poor fishy that found its way to my hook.  So I guess I should have started this post off with something more along the lines of I used to love to toss bread crumbs into the water and watch fish eat them.  

There were 3 kinds of fish.

First was the one that would impulsively bite as soon as the nugget of bread appeared in the water.  He would jump right at it causing a bit of a splash.  Interestingly he would either gobble everything in one mouthful or would miss the whole thing entirely.  If he gobbles the whole thing, it works out well for him as long as there isn't a huge hook now lodged in his mouth. 

The second kind of fish would wait for the jumper to jump and when he missed it, they would quickly swim up and nibble at it gingerly with a few of their friends.  Again... this works out well if there isn't a fish hook waiting to get chomped on. 

The last kind of fish, the ones I find easiest to relate to, are the one that swim around the outside of the action.  They watch the action trying in earnest to ignore the rumble in their tummy.  They act like they don't mind very much that all of the others seem to have all the luck.  These fish seem to know that eventually they will have a full stomach and they are willing to wait. They certainly don't risk getting hooked but they also might starve to death or get eaten by a larger more aggressive fish. 

I guess all of this is one big fancy analogy for me to decide what kind of fish I want to be.  Need to be.  Have to be.

I want to wait patiently for my blessing, but what if sitting around and waiting for something without making some active initiative to get it, is going to get me swallowed alive?  Is it worth risking a hook though?

I don't know exactly what that means yet but I feel like I have join the ranks of the fish who get a nibble. Ya know?

Do you think you are a Jumper, a Nibbler, or a Waiter?   



0 comments:

Are You Following Yet?

IDSC for Life
Follow Me on Pinterest