Join in the Fun

Grab My Button

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me tremendously with an amazing husband, Doug, and two gorgeous little boys, Gavin and Joey. It has always been a dream of mine to have a large family but God may have other plans. I had a series of 6 consecutive early miscarriages when trying for baby #2. We are currently trying for baby #3 after our 7th miscarriage. I am faithful that God's plan is perfect, even when I am not happy about it. I love comments and meeting new followers so please don't be shy!

Like This Blog?

We Salute You!

Photobucket

Stirrup Queen's List of Blogs .

Powered by Blogger.
Monday, March 26, 2012

I'm That Mom

In just the last few weeks Gavin has really developed a deep love for fast food play areas.  He doesn't discriminate.  He has never met a twisty slide that he didn't like.

Every Monday morning, my mother in law comes over and she gets to have some Gavin and Joey love.  Today we decided to meet at Chick-Fil-A and have some lemonade and let the boys explore and play.  There was a group of moms that each had a kid or two playing in the play area.  Gavin has never had a shy bone in his body and has never met a person he didn't like.  Well... unless you count the guy who wears the giant orange hat in Yo Gabba Gabba. That dude freaks him out! So off he goes and immediately has engaged the whole group in a very intense game of Octonauts.   He had been playing so hard and so long that his face was flushed and he had actually started sweating!

I was dreading the inevitable meltdown when it came time to go.   In order to increase my odds of leaving with our dignity intact, I prepared Gavin by telling him that he had 5 more minutes to play.  I then explained that if he gave me a hard time about leaving that we wouldn't be able to come back.  After about 5 minutes, I called Gavin over and told him to get his shoes on.  I held my breath for the, "But Mooooom.  I don't wanna go yet!"

Instead, he just said, "Okay Mom.  But first I need to say goodbye to all of my friends."

Aw!  How sweet!  So as he goes to make his rounds, I start gathering up Joey and his shoes.  At that exact moment I look over and find Gavin giving a giant hug to a boy he had met about 20 minutes prior.  Then, before I could intervene, he turns and gives him a kiss squarely on his cheek.  As I am calling his name and telling him that is enough, the little boy's mother gives me a death stare.  I apologize quickly as my face is flushing with embarrassment.  Her eye roll response makes me feel no better.  I am that mom.

Have you had any embarrassing moments that you are willing to share?   Please, help me feel better.

0 comments:

Are You Following Yet?

IDSC for Life
Follow Me on Pinterest