Join in the Fun

Grab My Button

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me tremendously with an amazing husband, Doug, and two gorgeous little boys, Gavin and Joey. It has always been a dream of mine to have a large family but God may have other plans. I had a series of 6 consecutive early miscarriages when trying for baby #2. We are currently trying for baby #3 after our 7th miscarriage. I am faithful that God's plan is perfect, even when I am not happy about it. I love comments and meeting new followers so please don't be shy!

Like This Blog?

We Salute You!

Photobucket

Stirrup Queen's List of Blogs .

Powered by Blogger.
Saturday, February 18, 2012

A Walmart Epiphany

I am feeling pretty good about things in general except for when I have my quick freak outs.  From about 4 days before I got my positive pregnancy test I had pretty constant cramping and my breasts were really sore.  I wasn't really able to not notice how sore and different I was feeling.  Several times over the past week I have had to mind wrestle myself into feeling my symptoms again.  I don't know if it is just my body adjusting to the hormones or if I am less obsessed with every little thing.  I am also dealing with a horrible cough and sore throat that seems to be monopolizing all of my attention.

After clearing it with the nurse at the RE's office I decided that I was going to take something to treat my cold.  I was on a solo mission to Walmart to get some Tylenol Cold and then something warm and decaf from Starbucks to try and soothe my scratchy throat.  While I was scouring the shelves at Walmart for Tylenol products, there was one other person in the same isle.  At first we both seemed to be hovering around the same shelves so I did the polite thing of bypassing the area with the intent of coming back in a minute.  Then on my return trip to the cold and flu section, he was meandering past again.  This time we exchanged awkward glances as we both tried to figure out where the other one was trying to get to.  Finally I decided that it was time to plant myself in the middle of the isle and just find the Tylenol Cold.  After about a minute and a half I finally found what I was looking for and was ready to head to the food side of the store to pick out something for lunch.  When I looked up from the shelf, that same poor man was on his 3rd lap of searching. 

I said, "It looks like we are both having a hard time finding what we are looking for." with a smile.

"I asked the lady and she said the second isle over, on the bottom." he responded looking exasperated and slightly annoyed.  He was holding onto an empty bottle of what appeared to be rubbing alcohol so I asked him if that was what he was looking for.

He responded, "Yeah.  Maybe it is down here.... Eh.  It wouldn't be with the eye stuff.  It is alcohol.  That would burn!" he grumbled.

I decided that I wasn't going to walk away until that man found that rubbing alcohol.  So I turned down the next isle where the first aid stuff was.  There it was on the bottom shelf so I went back and told the man where it was.  As I explained to him where it was and led him there, there was another young lady also offering to help.

Not exactly Earth shattering when it comes to experiences, but I had a moment of realization.  I need to spend less time wrapped up in myself and spend more time looking out for other people.  It is so easy walk around with my mind clouded by my fears, my symptoms, and my day to day issues when my focus should really be less about me and more about seeking out people who need help.  Isn't that what God would want me to do?  Just think what this world would be like if everyone started really trying to help out others instead of walking around like their world is the only one that exists.

From now on, when I am out in public, I am going to make a point to look for people who need help. Who knows?  They just might be having a conversation with God at that moment and asking for someone to help them.  I would love to be able to be that person God sends. 


0 comments:

Are You Following Yet?

IDSC for Life
Follow Me on Pinterest