Join in the Fun

Grab My Button

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me tremendously with an amazing husband, Doug, and two gorgeous little boys, Gavin and Joey. It has always been a dream of mine to have a large family but God may have other plans. I had a series of 6 consecutive early miscarriages when trying for baby #2. We are currently trying for baby #3 after our 7th miscarriage. I am faithful that God's plan is perfect, even when I am not happy about it. I love comments and meeting new followers so please don't be shy!

Like This Blog?

We Salute You!

Photobucket

Stirrup Queen's List of Blogs .

Powered by Blogger.
Monday, February 20, 2012

OvaCue Fertility Monitor with Vaginal Sensor

I was so excited to have the opportunity to use and review the OvaCue Fertility Monitor with Vaginal Sensor!  I was sad when I started my period last month but it was quickly washed away with the realization that I was going to get to use a new toy.  When it arrived I was giddy like a school girl!

When I opened it up I began reading the booklet and was disappointed to see that I was already too late in my cycle to start using it so I packed it away and figured that I would get to use it next cycle.  But then... after 20 long cycles and using the supplements that I started right away, I finally was blessed with good news.  Don't get me wrong, I am over the moon about the pregnancy, but had a twinge on sadness that I wasn't going to use this awesome tool! 

The OvaCue monitor is a perfect solution to those who have sleep issues ranging from mouth breathing (rendering oral temps erratic at best), interrupted sleep whether due to young children, snoring husbands, or impromptu potty breaks, or even those that work midnights!  It is great for women with PCOS and/or irregular cycles too! 

The monitor works by measuring electrolytes in your saliva.  All you need to do is place a sensor in your mouth and it will tell you when you are going to ovulate 5-7 days in advance!  That is fantastic for when timing things is a bit more complicated by work schedules, older children, or when the in-laws might want to invite themselves over for a weekend visit.

The vaginal sensor is used daily to monitor hormone levels and can tell you when you have already ovulated.   For those who are already charting probably know how waiting to get those three temperatures above coverline seems like an eternity especially if your coverline isn't really clear.  You might be ready for a break from the baby dancing but don't want to find out three days later that you totally missed optimal opportunities.  The vaginal sensor can measure when your progesterone level has risen indicating ovulation.  Seriously?  How cool is that!?  It is worthy of note that if you are not ovulating, the monitor will not tell you are fertile like many other fertility calendars would suggest.


The handheld Ovacue monitor has a color display that will show your calendar and fertile times.  If you are like me and want to have access to your chart and fertility information easily, there is a free online charting program that works hand in hand with the Ovacue monitor.  It is user friendly and has a community of women that can help when or if you need guidance. 

So while I didn't have the opportunity to use the monitor, I do think it would be a wonderful asset to any couple who is trying to conceive and wants to make the best use of each cycle.  If you would like to read more about the monitor, this site has a video demo and several pages of thorough articles explaining anything you want to know. 

Good luck to everyone still waiting for their miracles! 



0 comments:

Are You Following Yet?

IDSC for Life
Follow Me on Pinterest