Join in the Fun

Grab My Button

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me tremendously with an amazing husband, Doug, and two gorgeous little boys, Gavin and Joey. It has always been a dream of mine to have a large family but God may have other plans. I had a series of 6 consecutive early miscarriages when trying for baby #2. We are currently trying for baby #3 after our 7th miscarriage. I am faithful that God's plan is perfect, even when I am not happy about it. I love comments and meeting new followers so please don't be shy!

Like This Blog?

We Salute You!

Photobucket

Stirrup Queen's List of Blogs .

Powered by Blogger.
Saturday, December 10, 2011

While I wait... 1DPO

My temp jumped above my coverline this morning so it appears as if yesterday was the day.  The big day.  I ovulated.  So now... the wait begins.










Today I am 1 day past ovulation (DPO) and according to the list I posted of things to do during the two week wait (TWW) I am planting a seed. Planting something in 28 degree weather is a little strange but.. why not, right? There is something really cool about the anticipation of growth when there is ice on the pond and a brisk chill in the air.

I have a pretty large collection of random seed packets left over from this spring when we planted our garden. I had a hard time deciding between something that would grow into an herb or a simple flower. A flower would be a beautiful symbol of life and fertility but an herb would enter into this world with a purpose. Decisions... decisions...

After much internal debate... why not one of each?! A fraternal planting of seeds. I know that there is a decent chance that neither little seed will sprout at all, so much like the situation of my infertility, why not double the chances of success?

This spring and summer I tried planting peppermint several times. Never even the teeniest of sprouts came through the ground. Maybe this will be the attempt that will work! ...Again with the parallels!
These are actually about 2or 3 times the size of a human egg!

I chose to plant a poppy because not only are the pretty, they did really well this summer!

It would be really nice to have something to show from my 1DPO activity!  Believe it or not, the germination period for both of these plants is 1-2 weeks.  I couldn't have planned it any better!  I mean... God couldn't have planned it any better.     

So now... I wait... Grow babies grow!


Did you plant something? Link up your post below or comment and tell me how your 1 DPO activity went!

0 comments:

Are You Following Yet?

IDSC for Life
Follow Me on Pinterest