Join in the Fun

Grab My Button

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me tremendously with an amazing husband, Doug, and two gorgeous little boys, Gavin and Joey. It has always been a dream of mine to have a large family but God may have other plans. I had a series of 6 consecutive early miscarriages when trying for baby #2. We are currently trying for baby #3 after our 7th miscarriage. I am faithful that God's plan is perfect, even when I am not happy about it. I love comments and meeting new followers so please don't be shy!

Like This Blog?

We Salute You!

Photobucket

Stirrup Queen's List of Blogs .

Powered by Blogger.
Thursday, December 29, 2011

Random Ramblings

I have been having a ton of random thoughts this week none worthy of a whole blog post so I decided to just write how my brain moves.  Short.  Sweet.  To the point.

I like being a girl.  If not for the awesome ability to be a mom, it is for the ability to have lunch with my friends.  A guy can't go to lunch with a friend to chit chat without people assuming that they are on an awkward first date.  Two girls can share some chips and salsa, exchange emotion filled glances, share a tear or two when called for and no one second guessed their sexuality.  It appears as if the only way two men can have lunch together without people passing judgement is if they are both donning Carharts or camouflage.  Then again, I'm guessing most guys have zero interest in having a lunch date unless there is beer, football, and women involved. 

I have wanted blinds in my living room windows for at least the last 6 months.  In the afternoons, while I adore sunshine, it is blinding and makes the couple hours of Joey's naptime very challenging to enjoy.  So last night we went to Lowe's to buy blinds.  We picked them out, came home, and hung them.  Well, by "them" I mean one.  The other set of blinds had been cut to a shorter width, put back into the box, and sold to us.  They weren't going to work.  So this morning Doug went to a different Lowe's (mostly because it was close to a Starbucks) and exchanged them.  When he returned with the coffee, he put the new blinds on the couch next to me and I instantly knew they weren't right.  They were twice as dark as the ones that were already up.  After a bit of denial, Doug finally agreed that I was right.  It was at this moment that I heard Doug almost drop an F bomb.  So, I volunteered to take a quick run back for the right color.  To make a long story short... I get to the return counter and tell the lady that I need to exchange the blinds.  Her response is, "Is there something wrong with them?" 

I answered, "Well, not with these exactly but the first set..."

She interrupted me with this.  "Just tell me yes or no.  I am not a bartender without the booze."

So yeah.  Nice huh?

Not my dog but c'mon... who can resist this face?
My third random rambling is about pregnancy.  You didn't think I was going to write a whole post and not mention something related to fertility did ya?  I decided today that all of us get cheated out of the first 3-4 weeks of pregnancy.  Since we can't know that we are pregnant until we are 3 1/2 or 4 weeks in, we just get credited with those days.  But we don't even get to marvel at the amazing changes our body has undergone to grow this human inside of us.  We just get to look back and say, "Wow.  My body did that!"  This cycle I am going to enjoy the first three weeks of pregnancy that we never pay attention to.  Today I am officially one week pregnant.  I may not get past four weeks but I want to enjoy every last second of my next (or this!) pregnancy. 

0 comments:

Are You Following Yet?

IDSC for Life
Follow Me on Pinterest