Join in the Fun

Grab My Button

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me tremendously with an amazing husband, Doug, and two gorgeous little boys, Gavin and Joey. It has always been a dream of mine to have a large family but God may have other plans. I had a series of 6 consecutive early miscarriages when trying for baby #2. We are currently trying for baby #3 after our 7th miscarriage. I am faithful that God's plan is perfect, even when I am not happy about it. I love comments and meeting new followers so please don't be shy!

Like This Blog?

We Salute You!

Photobucket

Stirrup Queen's List of Blogs .

Powered by Blogger.
Monday, November 14, 2011

Welcome Womb- Brie's Story


Our story really begins way back in 2006.  My husband and I had recently started using Natural Family Planning (NFP) as we had recently realized some things about birth control that caused us some concern.  We were married fairly young and weren't quite ready to begin having children.  Shortly after starting NFP we found out we were pregnant, which was very exciting - and unexpected.  We ended up miscarrying that baby when we were just under 8 weeks along.  While still using NFP we conceived and miscarried two more babies that year. 

I was put on progesterone and in April of 2007 I became pregnant again and was able to carry this baby to term and deliver a beautiful, healthy little girl.  We thought we had found the solution to our miscarriages with the progesterone.  We waited until our little one was 18 mo. old and began trying again.  We conceived quickly and easily but within a week we had miscarried that baby.  We spent the next year trying to conceive again and then when all hope had run out - we conceived again!  Still taking progesterone, it was almost another week when we lost that baby as well.  It took another year of trying and once again - when we were at the end of our rope - we were pregnant.  This time taking baby aspirin, and receiving progesterone shots (as opposed to pills).  But after just a week, all my hormone levels had dropped and baby was gone shortly after. 

I had been sharing my journey on my blog, and a friend of mine directed me to Maria's blog where I was so thrilled to find someone who could finally understand all that we had gone through.  There is nothing worse than feeling like you just don't fit.  Although my friends were very supportive and encouraging, few of them had experienced a miscarriage, and none (that I knew of) had experienced multiple miscarriages.  

I ate up Maria's site!  I read every inch and it was in her story that I first heard Welcome Womb mentioned.  She had definitely piqued my interest, so I started doing some research.  However, at this point, I was much less concerned with carrying a child as I was with conceiving since I was sure we had another year of trying before I'd be pregnant again. 

What I found out about Welcome Womb was encouraging, and I asked Maria about a dozen questions! 

It was just a month and a half after miscarrying my 6th baby that I discovered (rather unexpectedly) that I was pregnant, again.  I would be lying if I told you I was excited, I prepared myself for the absolute worst.  I just wasn't emotionally ready to lose another baby. But I acknowledged my pregnancy, called the dr's office right away, asked if they had anything else I could try to keep this baby.  They had nothing.  Literally, nothing.  So, I told them I was going to take Welcome Womb - and the nurse suggested I not.  But I cried, told her I had little other options at this point - and she said that she understood. 

I ordered the tincture and had it shipped overnight.  I spotted that night, and was a little nervous - but the Welcome Womb arrived the next morning and I began taking it regularly.  I haven't spotted since!  My friends prayed and prayed, supported and loved me through the first few weeks.  As each week passed I was more and more shocked that I was still pregnant!  My Hcg levels were amazing, when I asked the nurse my jaw almost fell to the floor.  I was shocked!   We went in for our first ultrasound that showed a yolk sac, then a week and a half later we had another one that showed a tiny little heartbeat, and two weeks later we saw our little one moving around with a beautiful beating heart.  And at my most recent appointment with my midwife, we were blessed to be able to hear a tiny heartbeat with the doppler. 

I told my midwife I had been taking Welcome Womb, she asked what was in it - and then she said "Can you bring it with you next time?  I'd like to tell women about it, if it really works."  I was so surprised, I really thought she might think I was nuts! 

So, as I approach 12 weeks on Sunday, and if the unending crying of this afternoon is any indication, my hormone levels are continuing to rise...  I have to say, that I don't know if this baby is just lucky, like my daughter, or if the Welcome Womb did the trick.  But, I do know that I do not regret taking the WW.  I'm so glad I gagged it down...and in May I very much so look forward to welcoming another child into our home!  



Congratulations to you, Brie!  Thank you so much for sharing your story with us!  Love and prayers for you and your whole family as you welcome the newest addition in May!  

If you are interested in learning more about the ingredients of Welcome Womb, click on the links.
False Unicorn Root, Wild Yam, and Black Haw

0 comments:

Are You Following Yet?

IDSC for Life
Follow Me on Pinterest