Join in the Fun

Grab My Button

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me tremendously with an amazing husband, Doug, and two gorgeous little boys, Gavin and Joey. It has always been a dream of mine to have a large family but God may have other plans. I had a series of 6 consecutive early miscarriages when trying for baby #2. We are currently trying for baby #3 after our 7th miscarriage. I am faithful that God's plan is perfect, even when I am not happy about it. I love comments and meeting new followers so please don't be shy!

Like This Blog?

We Salute You!

Photobucket

Stirrup Queen's List of Blogs .

Powered by Blogger.
Thursday, November 3, 2011

A Cystematic Error

Today I went for my baseline ultrasound to make sure I didn't have any cysts from last round of clomid and to get started on the new cycle.  Today, I didn't have my classmate doctor.  I didn't have Dr. Eminem either.  Today I had a tall, nondescript, soft spoken fella.  A half a step behind was the non-muppet version of Bert (from Bert and Ernie) as his med student side kick.

As Bert furrowed his uni-brow, I managed to contort myself just enough to see the ultrasound screen.  Dr Bert didn't really use words as much as making his uni-brow into a peak in the general direction of the tall fella.  That is when I spoke up and said, "Let me guess.  That is a cyst."  And... I was right.

I was given the decision to use birth control pills to make the cyst go away and take a cycle off from the Clomid or just take a cycle off from the Clomid and let the cyst take care of itself.  I opted to just let nature take care of the cyst.  I am actually okay with this since I wasn't looking forward to another cycle of appointments, hormones, and hopes.  This way, if God intends us to get pregnant, it can still happen and I can just... wait for it.... wait for it.... relax.  Yep I said it.  This infertile girl is just going to relax and see what happens.

Plus, I have a little something else on my plate right now.  Starting Tuesday night I starting having some pretty uncomfortable back pain.  While it didn't feel good, I was confident that after a hot shower and some Icy Hot, I would be fine.  Yesterday I had to call Doug at work and ask him to come home.  Lifting Joey (who is a healthy 31+ pounds) several times a day was proving to be painful.  I was trying to be a tough girl but when Doug appeared at the door, I cried.  I was in so much pain and seeing him there was like going from survival mode to being rescued.  All of the sudden I gave myself permission to admit how much pain I was in.  It hasn't gotten any better.  In fact, each day is more pain than the last so after my ultrasound, I stopped into my General Practitioner (and family friend) to see if she could squeeze me in.  Thankfully she could, and I am now in a back brace, taking steroids, muscle relaxers and pain meds.  I am feeling artificially better but Doug is going to stay home and be Mr. Mom for the next couple of days so I can rest and hopefully be back in working order by Monday.

So, after further thought... I'm wondering if my ability to utter the words, "Just relax."  is a direct result of my medications.  I think I'm ready for a nap.

0 comments:

Are You Following Yet?

IDSC for Life
Follow Me on Pinterest