Join in the Fun

Grab My Button

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me tremendously with an amazing husband, Doug, and two gorgeous little boys, Gavin and Joey. It has always been a dream of mine to have a large family but God may have other plans. I had a series of 6 consecutive early miscarriages when trying for baby #2. We are currently trying for baby #3 after our 7th miscarriage. I am faithful that God's plan is perfect, even when I am not happy about it. I love comments and meeting new followers so please don't be shy!

Like This Blog?

We Salute You!

Photobucket

Stirrup Queen's List of Blogs .

Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Blessed Enough?

I was asked an interesting question in an email and I thought is was worthy of becoming a post.  A reader asked me if I ever get funny looks when I say I want more children even though I already have two.  The short answer is, "Occassionally."

The longer answer is that sometimes I worry what others might think when I say I want a large family.  But, I have prayed about having more children.  God has made it clear to me that my family is not yet complete.  I have never been one to say that I want two kids and then I will be done.  I honestly believe that by saying I only want X number of kids, is like saying that God's opinion doesn't count.  I think God knows how many kids I will have.  From the start, my answer to, "How many children are you going to have?" has always been, "However many God's wants me to have."

Right now, I am thrilled with my two children.  They mean everything to me.  I just know that when I am done having children, God will give me a sense of peace.  A feeling of completion.  But right now, there is room for more love in my heart and home. 

Risking going a little off topic, I think that I grew up in the wrong era.  I wish everyone had families like our grandparents, and great grandparents did.  They got married and made babies.  Other than abstinence, they let God decide how many babies they were meant to have.  It was rare that a woman 100 years ago said, I only want to have one child.  They opened their hearts and homes to all of the children that God wanted them to have.  Now, women want to plan their family as it will best suit their timing, plans, needs, etc.  Then, when they think they are ready, they want God to chip in and do His part. I think it should be the opposite. I will always make my womb available for God to bless me with another one of His miracles.


Does that make me greedy?  No.  It makes me faithful.  Am I happy with the two kids I have?  More than words can express.  Does it make me a bad person because I want more children?  If it is God will, then it is a good thing that I am in agreement with Him!  Can I ask myself another question and answer it myself?  Yes.  Yes, I can.

0 comments:

Are You Following Yet?

IDSC for Life
Follow Me on Pinterest