Join in the Fun

Grab My Button

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me tremendously with an amazing husband, Doug, and two gorgeous little boys, Gavin and Joey. It has always been a dream of mine to have a large family but God may have other plans. I had a series of 6 consecutive early miscarriages when trying for baby #2. We are currently trying for baby #3 after our 7th miscarriage. I am faithful that God's plan is perfect, even when I am not happy about it. I love comments and meeting new followers so please don't be shy!

Like This Blog?

We Salute You!

Photobucket

Stirrup Queen's List of Blogs .

Powered by Blogger.
Thursday, July 21, 2011

10 Minutes in the Kitchen

Gavin started playing soccer yesterday in the 97 degree heat. We were all so sweaty and hot when we got home that I was perfectly content just sitting in the air conditioning drinking ice water. Gavin, on the other hand was hungry despite having eaten dinner prior to practice. Tonight, it is supposed to be even hotter still. Since I know that I can anticipate Gavin's wanting a snack when we get home, I am planning ahead!

I made Strawberry Banana Freezer Pops! My boys love fruit and what is better than cold fruit on a hot day? Yep! Frozen fruit! I added no sugar or sweeteners. This is all about enjoying the simple fruits just frozen!

What you need:

1 LB Strawberries
4 Large Bananas
Blender, food processor, or food mill
Popscicle molds (paper cups and some sort of handle will work fine too)


Yep. That's it!

Puree the fruit in a food processor or blender until smooth (or chunky if that is how you like it). Then pour into your containers. I chose to pour the puree into a pitcher in order to make filling the molds a little easier. I used Popsicle molds but ice cube trays, or small paper cups would work fine too. You just need to be sure to add a handle of some sort.

Then freeze!

I love the fact that if these were any easier, I could have Gavin make them himself! I like to experiment with all fresh sweet fruits. Find your favorite combination! Any extra puree can be refrigerated and used as an ice cream topping or in a milkshake! Double yum!

Do you have a favorite summer treat?

0 comments:

Are You Following Yet?

IDSC for Life
Follow Me on Pinterest