Join in the Fun

Grab My Button

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me tremendously with an amazing husband, Doug, and two gorgeous little boys, Gavin and Joey. It has always been a dream of mine to have a large family but God may have other plans. I had a series of 6 consecutive early miscarriages when trying for baby #2. We are currently trying for baby #3 after our 7th miscarriage. I am faithful that God's plan is perfect, even when I am not happy about it. I love comments and meeting new followers so please don't be shy!

Like This Blog?

We Salute You!

Photobucket

Stirrup Queen's List of Blogs .

Powered by Blogger.
Thursday, June 16, 2011

Your Kid Said What? 6-16-11

Since Gavin was about 2 he has been obsessed with tools. All kind, shapes, and varieties. This has entitled us to a number of quotable moments.

Gavin loves to watch us build things, be it bunk beds, bookshelves, or installing batteries. He will pull up a seat and eagerly wait for us to ask for favors like holding a screw or or instructions. On this occassion, I was simply putting in a few new AA batteries in a toy of his, but had to unscrew and replace the plastic panel to do so. Gavin sits down in my lap and says, "Mom, I am just going to sit here and watch you screw this up." Ahhh... How quickly they learn!

The second was just this morning. Gavin was playing with his tool set and was pretending to fix a chair. He decided that he needed to use a couple of screws to take care of the problem. He held up two screws, one in each hand, and asked me, "Which one should I use, Mom? Cinco or Cilantro?" I assumed they were names from Handy Manny or something that I just hadn't picked up on. I googled it and found nothing about any "Cinco or Cilantro". Can anyone help me here or did my son just come up with the very odd, obscure, and appropriately paired Latino nicknames for screws?





0 comments:

Are You Following Yet?

IDSC for Life
Follow Me on Pinterest