Join in the Fun

Grab My Button

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me tremendously with an amazing husband, Doug, and two gorgeous little boys, Gavin and Joey. It has always been a dream of mine to have a large family but God may have other plans. I had a series of 6 consecutive early miscarriages when trying for baby #2. We are currently trying for baby #3 after our 7th miscarriage. I am faithful that God's plan is perfect, even when I am not happy about it. I love comments and meeting new followers so please don't be shy!

Like This Blog?

We Salute You!

Photobucket

Stirrup Queen's List of Blogs .

Powered by Blogger.
Sunday, May 15, 2011

Two Pink Lines Aren't Always Good News

A few weeks ago, I decided that I should probably stock up on pregnancy tests. I found a good deal on eBay and bought three boxes of First Response (3 in each box) and clicked "Buy It Now." A few days later, they arrived in the mail. Some people get really excited about new shoes, new jewelry, and new kitchen gadgets. I get excited about fresh, unopened boxes of sticks to pee on. As I was putting them on my pee stick shelf I noticed that there was a free fertility test in each box of tests. Ooooh! I have never peed on one of those before. This could be great fun. I read the instructions and learned that they were to be used on the third day of my cycle. I was so hopeful that I would have a positive pregnancy test and that the third day of my cycle wasn't going to happen for at least a year. Since my period decided to show up and dash my dreams of a pregnancy, I was looking forward to peeing on a whole new kind of test.

On the third day of my cycle, Friday, I took the test. The test is supposed to be read at 30 minutes and no later than 60 minutes after it is taken. This is what I was looking at at 30 minutes.
Any other pee stick I have used this would be great news. But not this time. For the First Response Fertility Test for Women, if the test line (the line on the left) is as dark as or darker than the control line (on the right) it indicates elevated levels of FSH or Follicle Stimulating Hormone. This is not good news for a women who is trying to conceive.

This test is not intended to be used as a diagnostic tool. It is recommended that with a positive result that I follow up with my doctor. I intend to call my doctor and see what sorts of tests are indicated given this test result. I have done enough research to learn that this doesn't necessarily mean that I am infertile but it can mean that it will take longer for me to get pregnant. It may also mean nothing at all.

While I follow up with my doctor I would love to hear your opinions on the following: Do you think that seeking medical treatment to increase one's fertility is trying to interfere in God's plan for us. Meaning, if I enter into menopause early and I use fertility medications to induce or improve ovulation, is that trying to step around the plan that God has intended for me? Please share your thoughts with me.

0 comments:

Are You Following Yet?

IDSC for Life
Follow Me on Pinterest