Join in the Fun

Grab My Button

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me tremendously with an amazing husband, Doug, and two gorgeous little boys, Gavin and Joey. It has always been a dream of mine to have a large family but God may have other plans. I had a series of 6 consecutive early miscarriages when trying for baby #2. We are currently trying for baby #3 after our 7th miscarriage. I am faithful that God's plan is perfect, even when I am not happy about it. I love comments and meeting new followers so please don't be shy!

Like This Blog?

We Salute You!

Photobucket

Stirrup Queen's List of Blogs .

Powered by Blogger.
Thursday, May 26, 2011

Modern Day Miracle- A Guest Post

© Helen Scanlan – Kladi

133 words – 32 lines

(Dedicated with much love to Nikolaos and Athena)


It started with attraction

Flirtation and seduction

Then a formal declaration

A life together - the affirmation.


Through years of consternation

Love was our salvation

We finally made an admission

About my barren condition


Consultation and verification

The doctor’s suggestion

For pro-creation

Was In-Vitro Fertilization


After much deliberation

And a fear of condemnation

I started medication

For ovarian stimulation


With determination and trepidation

We endured the daily injection

And prayed for divine intervention

And successful implantation


For a two week duration

We waited with apprehension

At last we heard the confirmation

Hooray - Impregnation


A healthy gestation

An uncomplicated C - Section

Produced our twin sensation

And we cried in adoration


The culmination of this aspiration

Allows us to say with humble appreciation

Our full time occupation

Is parenting this next generation.

*********

Thank you so much to Helen for submitting this poem. Congratulations on your twins! If anyone is interested in guest blogging please drop me an e-mail. I would love to hear from you!




0 comments:

Are You Following Yet?

IDSC for Life
Follow Me on Pinterest