Join in the Fun

Grab My Button

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me tremendously with an amazing husband, Doug, and two gorgeous little boys, Gavin and Joey. It has always been a dream of mine to have a large family but God may have other plans. I had a series of 6 consecutive early miscarriages when trying for baby #2. We are currently trying for baby #3 after our 7th miscarriage. I am faithful that God's plan is perfect, even when I am not happy about it. I love comments and meeting new followers so please don't be shy!

Like This Blog?

We Salute You!

Photobucket

Stirrup Queen's List of Blogs .

Powered by Blogger.
Thursday, January 6, 2011

Our Math Equation



When Doug and I got married I knew that 1+1=2. I also thought that I knew that 1+1=3 when it came to having a family. I had been under the impression that when a couple has unprotected sex it leads to pregnancy, right? Isn't that what every young girl is told her whole life? Well, apparently it doesn't always work like that.

I can't pretend to think that trying to conceive our first was in any way like the horror stories or devastating stories that other woman can tell but I do know that it didn't happen like I thought it would. After 5 months of trying with no pregnancy I had to try to take control of what was going on. I started charting my cycles and learned an incredible amount about my body. Amazingly, it only took 3 more cycles to get pregnant.

I just knew I was pregnant. I was reluctant to take the pregnancy test because all of the sudden I was kind of scared of what a positive test really meant. I would mean that everything in my life was about to change. Indefinitely. I raced home with my heart beating a bit faster (probably hormones) and my mind racing about the rest of my life. I took the test and it was an undeniable, "PREGNANT".

Now, to tell Doug. I could hear the rumble of his car pulling up to the house. I had a plan but his early arrival made it just a bit more complicated. I ran down the stairs passing him on the way and gave him a nonchalant kiss hello trying to act normal. He went up the stairs to change his clothes and I scurried to the bread box in search of a bun. Yes. A bun. All I could find in my hurried search was a hot dog bun. It would have to do. I quickly opened up the oven and tossed it in. I sat on the couch, turned on Dr. Phil and waited for Doug's return. He came down and looked like he was frustrated after a long day at work. I asked him if he could please open the oven. He looked at me with a quizzical look all wrapped up in a touch of irritation.

"Why?" he asked, letting out a breath as if to say, "Ugg. Is it broken?"

"Please. Just open it." I requested again a bit more insistent this time.

He looked inside and stated blandly, "There is a hot dog bun in the oven."

"Uh huh." I said smiling coyly.

It went right over his head. He just looked at me like I was insane. I apparently had to clarify, "YES honey! There IS a bun in the oven!"

The frustration and irritation visibly melted from his face as he said, "Really?!"

I never looked back after that day. I knew that I would be a mom. It was a perfect day that was just the start to the adventure of having a family. 1+1 does equal 3. This time.

0 comments:

Are You Following Yet?

IDSC for Life
Follow Me on Pinterest