Join in the Fun

Grab My Button

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me tremendously with an amazing husband, Doug, and two gorgeous little boys, Gavin and Joey. It has always been a dream of mine to have a large family but God may have other plans. I had a series of 6 consecutive early miscarriages when trying for baby #2. We are currently trying for baby #3 after our 7th miscarriage. I am faithful that God's plan is perfect, even when I am not happy about it. I love comments and meeting new followers so please don't be shy!

Like This Blog?

We Salute You!

Photobucket

Stirrup Queen's List of Blogs .

Powered by Blogger.
Friday, February 18, 2011

Playing God

Because of the recurrent losses, I have spent a great deal of time on various message boards both on the giving and receiving ends of grief and loss support. My heart absolutely breaks into pieces every time I read about a mother losing a baby either late in pregnancy or shortly after delivery. I am not exaggerating when I say that I truly have tears in my eyes when I hear these grieving mothers share their tragic stories of losing those precious little lives that they barely knew but loved with every fiber of their being. I can't find words to describe how much pain I feel for them and their precious babies

It is for that reason that I can't seem to find much to say to women who electively terminate a pregnancy. I know that these decisions aren't made without a great deal of thought, research, and advice from doctors and other professionals. Doctors and professionals who won't be standing with them on Judgment Day. This is just my opinion, but I still think that to terminate a viable pregnancy is to decide to play God. If that baby is living in my womb, with a beating heart then that baby is who God chose to give me. I read a story of a woman who had a baby diagnosed with Trisomy 21 (Downs Syndrome) at approximately 20 weeks gestation. They were also told that he had an improperly formed heart that would need a transplant at birth despite being told that "they do not do organ transplants on trisomy 21" infants. She was also told that the baby would need a colostomy bag for the rest of his life. She terminated the pregnancy.

I am sure that any mother who heard this prognosis would be devastated. Utterly broken. Where I guess I differ is that I could never terminate that baby. If God gave me the gift of that beautiful miracle, it was for a purpose. Who am I to determine that his life was not going to be good enough? I have faith that God's plan is perfect. If He chose me to be the mother to a special needs child then I will embrace that role and love that baby for as long as God chooses to let his heart beat. For me to terminate a baby would be akin to me telling God, "Thanks. But no thanks. Your plan was good when it worked for me, but now that it inconveniences me, I am making my own plan." I am not going to judge the women who chose to terminate for that is between the mother and her Creator. I hope they make peace with God before they learn how long an eternity is.





0 comments:

Are You Following Yet?

IDSC for Life
Follow Me on Pinterest