Join in the Fun

Grab My Button

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me tremendously with an amazing husband, Doug, and two gorgeous little boys, Gavin and Joey. It has always been a dream of mine to have a large family but God may have other plans. I had a series of 6 consecutive early miscarriages when trying for baby #2. We are currently trying for baby #3 after our 7th miscarriage. I am faithful that God's plan is perfect, even when I am not happy about it. I love comments and meeting new followers so please don't be shy!

Like This Blog?

We Salute You!

Photobucket

Stirrup Queen's List of Blogs .

Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, April 20, 2011

What Can I Do for YOU?

I know that when going through a hard time, whether it be miscarriage, loss of a child, or really, any heartbreak at all, it is easy to feel alone. This seems to be the time that I most often hear people feel like they have been abandoned by God. They feel like God is punishing them. They wonder if God exists and if He does, He certainly isn't hearing their prayers. My heart truly breaks for these lost souls. It is so hard to count ones blessings when going through a loss. I know how cliche it sounds to say, "It could be worse." But the truth is, even though you might not think it could possibly be any worse, it always can.

Someone on Facebook posted a status that really made me think. It read, "What if you woke up tomorrow with only the things you thanked God for today?" It was a great reminder of all of the little things that we take for granted. I am thankful for the ability to feed my family. I am thankful for a warm house. I am thankful for all of the wonderful family members I have who would help me though anything. I am so thankful for my husband and, of course, for my wonderful children. So, now, when I think of what I really wish I had, I take that time to thank Him for all that I do have because... it really could be worse.

To those who feel like God isn't hearing them or feels that He isn't answering their prayers, I challenge them to try something different. Instead of making a request list to God, open your hearts and let God make a request list of you. I know that many of us want to think that God exists to make us happy, but the truth is we are on Earth to serve Him. We have been created by Him to do His will and somewhere along the way we have tried to switch positions on this. So, today, even though we have a list a mile and a half long that we wish God would hurry up and make happen, lets put our lists away and make a new list. Lets see what we can do for Him. Those who do His will and serve Him will be blessed.

0 comments:

Are You Following Yet?

IDSC for Life
Follow Me on Pinterest