Join in the Fun

Grab My Button

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me tremendously with an amazing husband, Doug, and two gorgeous little boys, Gavin and Joey. It has always been a dream of mine to have a large family but God may have other plans. I had a series of 6 consecutive early miscarriages when trying for baby #2. We are currently trying for baby #3 after our 7th miscarriage. I am faithful that God's plan is perfect, even when I am not happy about it. I love comments and meeting new followers so please don't be shy!

Like This Blog?

We Salute You!

Photobucket

Stirrup Queen's List of Blogs .

Powered by Blogger.
Friday, January 27, 2012

Guest Post: Cherish Every Minute

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
May 4th, 2003: My life completely changed forever! I took the weekend off from work because the next weekend was Mother's Day and I had to work it. So, I wanted to spend it with my Mom, but also my siblings. The day started off as any other day would. As the day progressed, me and my siblings started to argue and fight which is common in between siblings. Mom then decided she was going to visit one of her sisters (Our aunt). I felt so bad for ruining her day. Hours and hours went on without any sign of her pulling in the driveway or a phone call. Our grandpa came to visit, which he always did on the weekends since he lived out of town. He stayed and visited for at least a couple hours. He was waiting for Mom to come home so he could see her before he left. But, it was getting late and he had to head home. So, Grandpa left. Maybe an hour after he left to go home, if that. 

Our uncle who is married to mom's other sister pulled in the drive way. He came in the house and didn't seem like he was in a good mood. I seriously thought he was going to yell at us kids for something like fighting. But, he told us to shut the television off and sit down because he had something he has to tell us. You could tell something was wrong in his voice. The words that he said was, "There has been a very bad accident." Right then and there I knew it had to be mom. Then, he went on to say that mom was in a very serious car accident and nobody really knows if she will be OK but the doctors are working on her as best as they can right now. My heart instantly sank. I couldn't believe it. Never in a million years would think that something like this would happen to us. He told us to get ready so we could go to his house. Then he went back to the hospital. So, we were at my aunt and uncle's house with our cousins until we got a call or they came back from the hospital. Our local news came on and the top story was the accident that my mom was in. It was still surreal for me. Her car was a total loss. It was horrible. After we watched the news, we found out what had happened and the result of the accident. There was a women who was drunk, got into her vehicle, and was speeding and running lights after lights.  She eventually crashed into my moms car when she was crossing the intersection. My aunts, Grandma, & uncles came back from the hospital and they looked very upset and were very pale. As they came in, they called us into the kitchen and that's when they told us that our mom passed away. The doctors did all that they could to save her life. My heart was broken into a million little pieces! I cried for what seemed like along time. Why did this happen to us? Why? I, to this day, ask myself this. For the longest time, I blamed myself for the accident even though it's not my fault. May 2005, we finally got our day in court. We started the trial. It seemed like the trial lasted forever, but it only lasted a number of days. The women who has caused us so much pain, got charged with three different charges. In June of 2005, she was sentenced to 8 1/2 years in prison. Unbelievable! I couldn't believe that the women who took away a mother from her 7 children got 8 1/2 years. She showed no remorse what-so-ever! I wrote her a few years back and she doesn't think she did anything wrong. She blames my mom and so does her family. I talk to her youngest daughter sometimes, and she knows that her mom has done wrong and accepts that. I wish that I could get over this, but I don't think I ever could. My mom was not only my mom-she was my Best Friend, Provider, and everything in between. 

Don't ever take anything for granted. Cherish every little minute you have with your loved ones. You never know when the time with them will be gone.

Cagney and her husband have been trying to conceive their first child for 6 1/2 years.   I admire her patience and faith as she travels this long journey.  She will be an excellent mother as not only does she have genuine faith in our Creator, she has a wonderful guardian angel in her corner.  My prayers are with her that she is blessed soon. 

Thank you Cagney, for sharing your mother with us!

0 comments:

Are You Following Yet?

IDSC for Life
Follow Me on Pinterest