Join in the Fun

Grab My Button

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me tremendously with an amazing husband, Doug, and two gorgeous little boys, Gavin and Joey. It has always been a dream of mine to have a large family but God may have other plans. I had a series of 6 consecutive early miscarriages when trying for baby #2. We are currently trying for baby #3 after our 7th miscarriage. I am faithful that God's plan is perfect, even when I am not happy about it. I love comments and meeting new followers so please don't be shy!

Like This Blog?

We Salute You!

Photobucket

Stirrup Queen's List of Blogs .

Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, March 30, 2011

This Kid is Funny!

Since Gavin has been able to talk he has been a funny kid. I used to try to keep track of what I like to call his "Gavin-isms". But, there seems to be new ones every single day. So, today, I am just going to share a few of my favorites.

This fall, with Joey showing up on the scene, we spent a lot of time lounging around the house. Therefore, Gavin was forced to listening to a lot of Doug and I having typical conversations. When Gavin needs to spend a few minutes on the potty (read poop) he loves to have a captive audience. He want to "talk about some things." Most days he just rambles on, smooshing together bits of songs, books, TV shows, and whatever else he has been exposed to that day and tells a story that no one understands. Not even him. One evening, while at my parents house Gavin announces that he needs to go potty. I think he was disappointed that he didn't have someone standing in the bathroom listening to him so he calls out and says, "Nana?! Nana!? I need to talk to you about something! I need to talk to you about propaganda!" Apparently Gavin listens very attentively to our conversations!



A few months later, as Gavin was starting to really warm up to the idea of having a brother, he came up with an idea that I should leave for the day and leave Joey home with him.

Me: Are you going to take care of your baby brother?

Him: Yep!

Me: Are you going to change his diapers?

Him: Yep!

Me: Even if he poops?

Him: Uh-huh!

Me: Are you going to feed him if he gets hungry?

He looks at me and pulls his shirt up to his neck and asks, "Do I have breasts?"


And finally, the most recent Gavin-ism was just yesterday. Gavin was sitting at the kitchen table and eating breakfast. I was sitting across the room feeding Joey. Gavin asks me something but I can only make out a couple of the words through the cheerios in his mouth so I say, "What, honey?"

He asks again, "Mom, where did ____ go?"

Since I still couldn't tell what he was asking about I say, "Where did what go honey?"

Gavin, exasperated with my apparent inattentiveness, "I am talking about your husband! Where did Dad go?"

While he has said a ton more funny things, many of them would not be nice to put out into cyberspace for his future wife to find. Those, I would rather tell her at her bridal shower.


0 comments:

Are You Following Yet?

IDSC for Life
Follow Me on Pinterest